Keep your cat happy and smiling with clean teeth and gums.
Dental health is as important to cats as it is to humans. Poor gum health and tooth decay can impact a cat’s overall health. Swollen gums can lead to gum disease, tooth loss, and inability to eat. They can also be a sign of kidney disease or feline immunodeficiency virus.
Aristokatz provides full dental services, including oral surgery if necessary. We are equipped with a state-of-the-art digital dental x-ray machine that we use on every dental patient. This gives us the ability to view the entirety of the teeth, including the roots, and is a crucial piece of equipment when performing any oral surgery in the feline mouth.
Our dental services include:
- Full mouth digital x-rays (2)
- Teeth cleaning
- Loose, diseased tooth extraction (if needed)
- Oral surgery for resorptive lesions (if needed)
- Preemptive and post-operative medications for pain and infection
Cat owners are often not able to see or notice dental disease unless there’s obvious rotting. Some signs your cat may be developing dental problems are:
- Your cat won’t eat or has difficulty chewing food (especially dry)
- Your cat tilts their head to one side while eating
- Bad breath – strong odor
- Bleeding or a dark red line along the gums
- Gum inflammation
- Ulcers on the gums
- Excessive drooling or pawing at the mouth area
Whether your cat needs a routine dental checkup or you have been noticing problems, Aristokatz can help! Call us today at 203-690-1099 to schedule a dental visit for your cat.